Diversity of cultures
The 12 associates of I.G. Pflanzenzucht work and breed within a wide variety of crops. It is important that smaller crops, such as soybeans or spelt cereals, are subject to breeding as well. Only in this way is it possible to offer the farmer high-performance and healthy varieties. This is the way diversity and sustainability within the cultures can be promoted. With our broad and innovative range of seeds, I.G. Pflanzenzucht is thus well equipped for the future.
Strong medium-sized businesses
All associates of I.G. Pflanzenzucht are medium-sized breeding companies. They have been working in plant breeding, some of them for over 100 years and most of them are still family-run companies today. The respective breeding programmes are characterised by their own genetic material, which has been further developed over the years. The large number of breeding programmes from which I.G. Pflanzenzucht crop varieties emerge naturally promotes the genetic and entrepreneurial diversity of the market.
The tasks of I.G. Pflanzenzucht range from support in seed certification, to multiplication of a variety, to distribution. What matters, is at the end the success of the farmer and the motto of I.G. Pflanzenzucht: “Harvest better”.
With our company principles we want to achieve these goals in the best possible way.
Through innovative and future-oriented varieties of the IG associates, existing and future challenges in agriculture can be mastered better.
Only through appreciative cooperation with our partners and customers successful and sustainable relationships can be established.
The well-trained and experienced team of I.G. Pflanzenzucht guarantees the highest level of professionalism in the cooperation with farmers, traders and seed multipliers.
Tasks and goals
The tasks of breeding and distribution are clearly divided between I.G. Pflanzenzucht and their associates. The breeding of new varieties is carried out by the associates, distribution is exclusively carried out by I.G. Pflanzenzucht GmbH.
The main tasks of I.G. Pflanzenzucht GmbH are:
- Application of seed certification and organization of the seed production. Support of our partners concerning variety information, support and advice of the distributors etc.
- Multiplication and distribution of Pre-basic and Basic seed
- Organization of multiplication and marketing of varietis through partners, multipliers and seed trading companies
- Marketing and distribution of the varieties, which generates and royalty flow back to the breeders to ensure sustainable breeding progress
- Protection of interests of medium-sized plant breeders in association policy and public relations